Welcome on the website of the National Committee on Biomedical Engineering (NCBME). Biomedical engineering is the multidisciplinary field concerning engineering research, developments and applications in the (bio-) medicine sector. It advances knowledge in engineering, biology and medicine, and improves human health through cross-disciplinary activities that integrate engineering sciences with the biomedical sciences and clinical practice. Some of the well-established specialty areas within the field of biomedical engineering are: bioinstrumentation, biomechanics, biomaterials, system physiology, clinical engineering, imaging, ergonomics and rehabilitation engineering.
The main goals of the NCBME are to:
- stimulate scientific and educational actions in biomedical engineering
- link them with international organizations and societies
- represent the Belgian point of view on biomedical engineering
- set up a contact platform between students, alumni and professionals
- to promote biomedical engineering
Every year, the NCBME organizes the National Day on Biomedical engineering which focuses around one central theme. This theme is present-day and relevant for Biomedical Engineers, both in research and clinical applications as in industry. During this event, national and international speakers are invited to give a keynote lecture within this theme.